The things you can ask Cole. By far the best use of freetime ever.
I’m late to the party but I finally watched the stream
my blogging technique is staying gone for a while and then posting 20 posts persecond
Lately, feminists like Annie Lennox, bell hooks and Emma Watson have taken issue with Beyoncé’s sexual openness. While trying to discredit Beyoncé as a feminist, they seem to have forgotten one of the most important parts of Chimamanda’s speech in ***Flawless."What does a lady dress like, exactly? And who decided what a lady looks like? What bearing should one’s clothing have on one’s identification as a feminist? This is exactly the kind of misogynist policing we’ve fought tooth and claw against for decades, and to level this line of “reasoning” at Beyoncé is not only antifeminist, it is despicable." (x)
We should also note that Black Women are perceived and fetishized as hyper sexual. Which is why mainstream feminists willingly call Miley Cyrus, Iggy Azalea, and Katy Perry revolutionary and in charge of their bodies meanwhile demonizing Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, and Beyonce.
^ Literally just read an article of the fetishization of Black Women as hyper sexual, this commentary is on point.
Source: An inside look at ADHD.
Me 100% of the time. Luckily Ito help for my ADD when I was a child
- ADD and ADHD are the same disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder was officially renamed Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in 1994. Many people use ADD to refer to Type One presented here, and ADHD to refer to Type Two, but they are the same core disorder.
- In many cases where ADHD carries into adulthood, it’s a genetic issue [My grandfather, mother, siblings, and I have all been diagnosed with ADHD], though this does not always occur.
hello yes this is me
more fun facts!
- there are a lot of talks about how ADHD is overdiagnosed, and that may be true for boys, but for girls ADHD is severely underdiagnosed.
- older studies mostly looked at hyperactive boys and that’s the perception we have of ADHD. because of this many girls will go undiagnosed until adulthood.
- most girls/women who have ADHD are inattentive type. they tend to be introverted, disorganized and daydreamers.
- girls will internalize these as personal failings and teenage girls have a much higher rate of suicide and self harm because of it
- ADHD is often comorbid with anxiety and depression, both of which are caused by the failings from having ADHD
- depression can present itself differently in people with ADHD. it’s more of a discouragement from constantly failing, but it can be just as debilitating.
- read this article from the atlantic: It’s Different for Girls with ADHD
Wow this explains so much. Tho I was diagnosed in 3rd grade, I never knew that all my anxiety & depression come be attributed to it as well.
as a 17 year old girl, I wasn’t officially diagnosed until I went to college (two years early) It was never a problem for me at home really once I learned to control myself as a child but now… I live in a dorm and have much, much more trouble.
This is hilarious. I post about my ADD then this shows upon my dash.
Good information. At 41 I still have ADD (type 1) and still take meds for it.
I’ll add, don’t be afraid of meds. While they are just one tool in your tookbox (proper sleep, nutrition, exercise, schedules, etc. - all those things I am awful at implementing are at least as important) they are a powerful one. The right one should clear away the mental fuzz, make the ground stables, the edges clear, the world ordered, all so that you can be yourself without fighting your way through all the stuff that ADD can throw in your way.
okay, you know that gifset that keeps going around with nicki minaj in lingerie with soft lighting and it has a comment like “i don’t understand why she’s not seen as one of the most beautiful women in the world” and a bunch of reactions like “wow yeah i didn’t realize how beautiful she was” or whatever. that’s always bothered me because nicki’s made it really clear that cotton candy hair and loud makeup is how she wants to be seen. if she wanted to have blonde hair and ethereal lighting on her at all times she would. she just doesn’t care about what you think is the most beautiful way to be.
the fact that nicki literally never stops kicking the shit out of the male gaze is one of the best expressions of how unrelentingly powerful she is. don’t disrespect her by acting like she’s only beautiful when she’s playing by the rules of male-appeasing-unthreatening-femininity. she’s beautiful always. she’s a fucking lioness